RHA Shares COVID Relief Efforts with Community Partners
ROXBORO--Over 10 non-profit professionals and local government officials attended Roxboro Housing Authority's (RHA) two quarterly meetings via Zoom this month, sharing information about its COVID-19 response efforts.
RHA's self-sufficiency grant program coordinators led the meetings: Mr. Larry Mayfield, FSS Coordinator; and Annie Graham, ROSS Coordinator.
RHA's COVID-19 relief efforts that were shared with community partners attending the virtual meetings this month included:
- Emergency meal distribution of over 15,000 hot meals
- Care package distribution (masks, dental kits, art and garden supplies, books, voter registration and Census information)
- Voter registration and Census 2020 drives
- Community gardens established at each community
- Free computer distribution (75 laptops and all-in-one units) to all RHA school-aged youths and senior residents)
- Afterschool tutorial assistance with hot meals offered to over 20 RHA school-aged children
- Employment opportunities to residents and other Person Co. residents
- Monthly newsletters to keep residents informed about COVID aid
- Calls and visits to vulnerable residents, ensuring needs were met
Partners were also informed that free Wi-Fi service at each RHA community is coming soon.
Volunteers and donations are accepted. Call (336) 599-8616 for more information on how you can support RHA and its residents.
# # #